Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Today's Update

The doctors did rounds this morning and they said that Emmett looks really good, so they will be discharging him from the hospital today. I was kind of shocked that they are discharging him today, before he left the CICU they said that he would need to be on the floor for five days and today is the fourth day. I asked them why they are discharging him a day early and they said that he is doing great and that also the insurance called and said that Emmett is not meeting the requirements to stay in the hospital. But the doctors reassured me that if they felt like he needed to be in the hospital longer, they would of fought with the insurance to keep them in the hospital another day.

So I am excited and nervous at the same time for him to go home today. He has gone through quit a bit of stuff and it has been a roller coaster ride for him, for us and also for Morgan too. We have had a lot of ups and downs along this road of his heart surgery. He has a feeding tube and will be going home on it. I am not excited about the feeding tube at all. This one is in his stomach and they taught us how to put it back in if it gets pulled out or needs to be changed. I hope that he is not on this feeding tube for very long.

A couple of days ago Morgan got a high fever and I took her to the doctor, our pediatrician said that it was related to neurotic fever and that she can't be around Emmett until her fever is gone for at least 24 hours. So she is going to be staying at my mother in-laws until she is better. Which I am very stressed about her not being home, that I can take care of her and also that Emmett is also going to need me. Wow! The stress's that a parent goes through. I know that we can get through this little bump in the road.

Thank you every one for all of your prayers during this time. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment